Gilden Barton Funeral Home - "Serving our area with the same diginified and efficient service since 1912"
The building originally constructed in 1888 was home to a doctor. In 1912, the building was purchased by first generation funeral director, Otto Gilden. In 1927, he was joined in business by L. Harry Barton who later married the daughter of Otto Gilden, Ruth Gilden. The name of the funeral home was then changed from Gilden’s Funeral Home to the Gilden Barton Funeral Home. In 1950, Mr. Gilden and Mr. Barton were joined in business by grandson of Mr. Gilden and son of Mr. Barton, Otto Gilden (Doc) Barton. After his recall to the U.S. Navy, Doc returned as a permanent member of the staff, and the firm continued as a three generation business. The funeral home is presently owned and operated by the Barton family and Ronald. W. Brubaker, F.D. – Supervisor.
In May of 2006 the building was moved due to the construction of the Altoona Area Junior High School.  The move brought hundreds of spectators out to watch, including the History Channel’s popular documentary, "Megamovers."